Amber Ashton was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. She received her Bachelor of Arts, double majoring in English and Art History, from Vanderbilt University. While attending Vanderbilt, she was an active member of the Delta Gamma Sorority and was the treasurer of the Panhellenic Council, the governing body for all campus sororities. She obtained her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Stetson University College of Law. As a law student, Amber participated in an internship with the general counsel for the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues (a/k/a Minor League Baseball) in Saint Petersburg, Florida, and volunteered to assist the indigent with Gulf Coast Legal Aide.
Upon graduation, Amber took a litigation position with an Orlando law firm specializing in real property litigation, construction litigation, title insurance litigation, and commercial litigation. She also represented employers in litigation involving the Fair Labor Standards Act and litigated against labor unions under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
Amber joined the firm in 2010, in the Tampa office engaging in real property and commercial litigation. Amber’s practice primarily involves resolving title issues, complex and high-risk foreclosure actions, eminent domain litigation, quiet title litigation, and business litigation. Amber also has extensive experience litigating against homeowners’ associations and local governmental entities regarding lien rights to property post-foreclosure.
Amber’s breadth of experience in dealing with code enforcement issues on Florida properties lead to her appoint in December 2015, to serve as the Special Magistrate to the City of St. Pete Beach for all code enforcement, parking, and administrative appeals. In October 2016, she was appointed to serve as the Parking Magistrate for the City of Dunedin. Amber also represents the City of St. Cloud and Stevens Plantation Community Development District in their litigation matters.
In 2016, Amber was awarded a fellowship by the Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar (“RPPTL”), and serves as a Fellow through 2018. Amber’s active participation in the RPPTL Section of the Florida Bar includes acting as the Secretary for the Real Property Litigation Committee, and serving on multiple committees and sub-committees dedicated to effecting the future of the law as it applies to real property in Florida. Amber has also published multiple articles in the RPPTL’s quarterly magazine, Action Line.
In July of 2014, Amber was nominated by her peers and named to the 2014 Legal Elite Up & Comers by Florida Trend magazine. Amber was named again as a Legal Elite Up & Comer by Florida Trend magazine in 2015. Amber is also actively involved in the Hillsborough County Bar Association and the Development Council for Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital.
Amber holds the highest ranking an individual attorney can receive (AV-Preeminent), as designated by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Young Lawyers Section of the Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Development Council for All Children’s Hospital Foundation, Member
- Working Women of Tampa Bay, Member
- Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, Member
- Title Claims: How to File a Title Claim
- Title Claims: How Title Insurance Protects You
- Dealing with Association Liens and Code Enforcement Liens in a Foreclosure Action
- E-Recording: The Next Step in Legal Technology
Stetson University College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude – 2006
Bachelor of Arts – 2003
Awards & Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Status
- Florida Trend – Legal Elite “Up and Comers”
- Fellow, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar 2016-2018
- Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers – Legal Leaders Magazine