Andrew Ballentine is an Associate Attorney in the Firm’s Orlando office. Prior to joining the Firm, Andrew was a Law Clerk for the Honorable Eduardo V. Rodriguez, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of Texas.
Andrew was born and raised in Largo, Florida before he left for Gainesville to attend the University of Florida where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Food & Resource Economics from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Additionally, Andrew earned a Master of Arts from the Graduate School at the University of Florida in Agribusiness, during which time he was a graduate assistant for Finance and Investment courses taught by Professor P.J. van Blokland.
Andrew received his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University College of Law. During law school, Andrew was a member of Law Review and served as a supervising editor. Andrew was also the Vice President and Treasurer for the school’s Federalist Society chapter, and the school’s liaison to the Orlando Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. Andrew earned the top grade in Property I and Public International Law.
Prior to graduating from law school, Andrew was a financial planner with Nelson Financial Planning and a FINRA registered representative and principal with Nelson Ivest Brokerage Services Inc. Andrew has earned his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation in 2005.
Andrew also serves the Board President for his Homeowner’s Association and the Treasurer of the Board of Directors for Vorg, Inc., an animal welfare non-profit in Hawaii.
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association’s Orlando Chapter, Special Projects Director
- State & Local Government Relations Section of the Federal Bar, Secretary
- Federalist Society, Member
- Copper Chase Homeowner’s Association, Inc., Board President
- Vorg, Inc., Treasurer
- Full of Hot Air: Why the Atmospheric Trust Litigation Theory is an Unworkable Attempt to Expand the Public Trust Doctrine Beyond its Common Law Foundations, 12 Dartmouth L.J. 98 (2014)
- How the Public Trust Doctrine’s Fiduciary Duty Requirement Requires States’ Proactive Response to Promote Offshore Power Generation, 6 Seattle J. Envtl. L. 65 (2016)
- Seeking Climate Change in Federal Court Litigation: How the Alec L. v. Jackson Case Shapes the Future, FAMU Law Review Online (2014)
- Cannabis Dispensaries in Florida, Local Viewpoint (Summer 2017)
Florida A&M University College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude – 2015
University of Florida
- Master of Arts in Agribusiness – 2003
Bachelor of Science in Food & Resource Economics – 2001