Bart Valdes is the Firm’s Managing Partner in the Tampa office. Bart is a Board Certified Specialist in Business Litigation by the Florida Bar. As a Board Certified Specialist, Bart is considered to be an expert in the area of business litigation. Board certification is the Florida Bar’s highest level of evaluation of the competency and experience of attorneys. Also, Bart holds the highest ranking an individual attorney can receive (AV), as designated by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
Bart has represented a variety of the Firm’s clients including small business owners, individuals, local governments, insurance companies, medium and large corporations, as well as nation-wide institutional clients in a wide range of matters. Bart has litigated, and continues to litigate, complex trial matters related to contract disputes, property disputes, eminent domain and condemnation actions, real estate disputes, insurance matters and general business disputes. Bart also has extensive litigation experience in the areas of landlord and tenant disputes, bankruptcy, probate, trust and estate matters, foreclosure cases, corporate and partnership disputes, collections, construction matters, land use, zoning and code enforcement matters and local government disputes.
Additionally, Bart has significant experience in general business, corporate and real estate matters. Bart has represented clients in state and federal court actions (both at trial and on appeal) as well as in administrative proceedings.
- All Florida State Courts
- Florida Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Business Litigation
- Local Government
- Civil Litigation
- Civil Trial
- Code Enforcement
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Debtor and Creditor
- Eminent Domain
- Environmental and Land Use
- Insurance Litigation
- Insurance Fraud Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes (Residential and Commercial)
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation and Disputes
- Real Estate/Land Development
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Zoning, Planning and Land Use
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Business Law Section of Florida Bar (Executive Council 2015-2018)
- Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence Committee of the Business Law Section (Chair 2017-2018, Vice Chair 2016-2017)
- Leadership Tampa Bay Class of 2018
- Tampa Interbay Rotary Club (President 2016-2017)
- Tampa Interbay Rotary Foundation (Board of Directors 2011-2017, Secretary 2011-2013)
- Tampa Hispanic Bar Association (Treasurer 2015-2017)
- Tampa Bay Watch, Volunteer
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- Lake St. Charles Homeowner’s Association (Director/Treasurer 2006-2008)
- Taste of South Tampa Committee (2008-2009)
- Mr. Valdes is a PADI Certified Scuba Diving Instructor and a licensed United States Coast Guard Captain.
- Mr. Valdes is a certified instructor by the Florida Department of Financial Services – Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services in the areas of Adjuster Law and Policy and Adjuster Ethics.
- Uncovering Insurance Fraud Through E-Discovery and Digital Evidence – Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee 26th Annual Conference
- Using the Right Tool the Right Way to Uncover Insurance Fraud – Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee 26th Annual Conference
- Emerging Technology and Transformation in the Practice of Law in the Digital Age – 68th Annual Florida Bar Convention
- Examining Where We Are Today and Looking Ahead in E-Discovery and Digital Evidence in the Face of Technology Advancements – 68th Annual Florida Bar Convention
- Essential CyberSecurity Controls And Tales From The Dark Web – 68th Annual Florida Bar Convention
- Avoid Drowning in Finances- 101 Budgeting for a Successful Year- 2018 Voluntary Bar Leaders Conference
- Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence in the Courtroom – Hillsborough Circuit Court Judges
- Uncovering Insurance Fraud Through E-Discovery and Digital Evidence – Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee Annual Conference
- Maintaining Competency In The Face Of Technology Advancements: How To Keep Pace With Your Professional And Ethical Requirements- Florida Bar Annual Meeting
- Cybersecurity Controls Needed For Firms And Clients Alike – Florida Bar Annual Meeting
- Effective Courtroom Management Of Computerized Discovery – Broward County Circuit Court Judges
- Electronic Discovery and Ethics in 2016 and Beyond – Business Law Section of Florida Bar
- Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence – Tampa Hispanic Bar Association
- Balancing Life and the Practice of Law – Western Michigan University – Cooley Law School
- Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence Pre-Discovery Through Trial – Florida Bar Annual Convention
- A Survey On Some Recent Important E-Discovery And Digital Evidence Cases, by Bart R. Valdes, Esq., dated June 11, 2018.
- Is Privacy Obsolete in Modern Litigation?, by Bart R. Valdes, Esq., dated July 14, 2017.
- Taking the Deposition of an Entity Representative or Custodian of Records and Seeking Electronically Stored Information, by Bart R. Valdes, Esq., dated May 9, 2016.
- Requests For Production Instructions And Definitions: How To Make Them Work For You, by Bart R. Valdes, Esq., dated March 21, 2016.
- Investigating PIP Fraud Through the Appropriate and Effective Use of (6)(b) Requests, by Bart Valdes, Esq., dated September 17, 2015.
- Investigating PIP Fraud Through the Use of EUOs and Preserving the EUO Defense in PIP Cases, by Bart R. Valdes, Esq., dated September 14, 2015.
- Daubert in Florida: A New Standard for Expert Witness Testimony, by Bart Valdes, Esq., dated September 9, 2015.
- A Clarification to Florida’s Law Provides Guidance to Courts in Regard to Proceedings Supplementary Under § 56.29, Florida Statutes, When Judgment Creditors Seek to Collect on Judgments, by Bart R. Valdes, Esq. and P. Hayden Haskins, Esq., dated October 24, 2014.
- Attorneys’ Fees and Costs When Litigating Against an Insurance Company, by Bart R. Valdes, Esq., dated October 2, 2014.
- Deficiency Judgments in Foreclosure Actions, by Bart R. Valdes, Esq. and P. Hayden Haskins, Esq., dated October 1, 2013.
- Dealing with Association Liens and Code Enforcement Liens in a Foreclosure Action, by Bart R. Valdes, Esq., and Amber Ashton, Esq., dated January 13, 2013.
- New Mediation Requirements Put New Burdens on Corporate Entities in Litigation, by Bart R. Valdes, Esq., and Amber Ashton, Esq., dated September 14, 2012.
- Singer v. Unibilt, 43 So.3d 784 (Fla. 5th DCA 2010)
- VOSR Industries v. Martin Properties, 919 So.2d 554 (Fla. 4th DCA 2005)
- Vincent Contestabile v. Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Inc., 22 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 1025a (Fla. 9th Cir. Ct. 2015)
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Ins. Co. v. First Choice Care Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, 22 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 1028a (Fla. 10th Cir. Ct. 2014).
Florida State University College of Law
Juris Doctor – 2000
Florida State University College of Law
Bachelor of Science – 1997
Awards & Recognition
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Business Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Status
- Florida Trend – Legal Elite
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Nation’s Top One Percent – National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- AVVO 10.0 Superb Rating
- Corporate America Legal Elite
- Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers – Legal Leaders Magazine