Dan Mantzaris concentrates his practice in the areas of local government, land use and zoning, and general business. Since his admission to The Florida Bar in 1986, Dan has represented clients in matters related to real estate development, corporations, contracts, property rights and eminent domain, civil and commercial litigation, personal injury and casualty defense, personal injury claims, employment discrimination defense and international adoptions. He currently serves as the City Attorney for the City of St. Cloud, Florida and for the City of Clermont, Florida. Dan also serves as Code Enforcement Special Magistrate for the City of Maitland and as counsel to the Seminole County and Orange County Code Enforcement Boards, the Orange County Building Codes Board of Adjustments and Appeals, and the Orange County Nuisance Abatement Board. Additionally, he is appointed general counsel for the Stevens Plantation Community Development District, the Florida Insurance Alliance and several private corporations. Dan has the unique opportunity to serve as co-managing partner for the firm’s Legal Shield Division. In this capacity, he oversees the provision of legal services to thousands of individuals and small businesses who are insured through Pre-Paid Legal of Florida, Inc. d/b/a Legal Shield, the largest provider of legal expense insurance in North America.
Dan has received the prestigious honors of being recognized as a 2016 Florida Super Lawyers, Florida Trend’s Legal Elite and Martindale-Hubbell AV rated lawyer. Dan is a frequent lecturer on issues related to local government matters, such as Public Records and Sunshine Law Compliance and general ethics.
Dan was born in Queens, New York and has been a Florida resident since 1978.
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Pre-Paid Legal Services Committee of The Florida Bar, Former Chairman
- Local Government Law Section of The Florida Bar, Member
- St. James Cathedral, Parishioner
- Florida Municipal Attorneys Association, Member
- Frequently presents on ethics and public records for Florida League of City and Charter School Foundation, respectively.
- Participated in a panel discussion for the Florida League of Cities 89th Annual Conference in Orlando. Dan’s presentation was titled Public Engagement: Civility is a Two-Way Street.
- Featured speaker in 2013 for the Florida Association of City Clerks Summer Conference & Academy on Public records Law Compliance.
University of Florida Levin College of Law
Juris Doctor – 1985
Hobart College (Geneva, NY)
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science – 1982
Awards & Recognition
Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
Legal Elite – 2016
Super Lawyers – 2016-2018