As an experienced litigator, Deborah Mitchell’s primary focus is achieving superior results for her clients. Deborah has prosecuted and defended claims at the trial and appellate level. Deborah’s primary practice areas are commercial litigation, intellectual property, civil rights, and insurance defense. Deborah has experience in a number of related practice areas, which allows her to serve her clients’ individual needs.
After obtaining her law degree, Deborah continued her legal education and received an advanced law degree (LL.M.) in Intellectual Property Commerce and Technology Law from one of top 10 programs in the world for intellectual property law. While obtaining her undergraduate degree, Deborah studied in Calcutta, India with the Asiatic Society, a center for Asian studies.
Deborah is a former Assistant State Attorney for the Ninth Judicial Circuit where she prosecuted criminal cases and served as lead trial counsel in over fifty jury trials. Deborah also served her country in the United States Army as a Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Non-Commissioned Officer. Deborah is an active member of her community and the proud parent of one daughter, Tracy R. Mitchell.
- All Florida State Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Association of Women Lawyer’s, Member
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyer’s, Member
University of New Hampshire – Franklin Pierce Law Center
Masters of Laws (LL.M.) Intellectual Property Commerce and Technology – 2005
University of New Hampshire School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude – 2004
Fayetteville State University
Bachelor of the Arts – 2000
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized by the Florida Supreme Court for Pro Bono Service to indigent clients
- Graduate, Leadership Winter Park
- Two Army Commendation Medals
- Four Army Achievement Medals
- National Defense Service Medal
Deborah is a dedicated, reliable and knowledgeable attorney. As a litigator, she displays exceptional skills. Deborah presents information to judges, juries and opposing counsel in a professional and concise manner. Overall, she is a very successful litigator.Samantha Smith - Of Counsel at Nelson Mullins
Deborah Mitchell is an exceptional attorney. She is extremely knowledgeable in her area of practice. I highly recommend her.Donna Hung - Principal/Attorney and Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator at Law Office of Donna C. Hung, P.A.
Deborah is truly respected in the Central Florida Legal Community. Her legal knowledge and work ethic is extraordinary.Jay Rooth - Attorney, Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law