Kendra McCan was born in Lafayette, Indiana, and raised in Altamonte Springs, Florida. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Florida, where she was an executive board member of the Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Society.
Kendra obtained her Juris Doctorate, with Honors, from the Florida State University College of Law. While in law school, Kendra was a member of the Moot Court Team, an Article Selection Editor for the Journal of Transnational Law and Policy, a Student Member of the First District Appellate American Inn of Court, a College of Law Student Ambassador, and a member of the LitiGators and the Student Bar Association. She also studied abroad during the summer of 2011 at the University of Cambridge. As a member of the Moot Court Team, Kendra argued in front of the Florida Supreme Court in the Final Four Intramural Moot Court Competition and received the Outstanding Appellate Advocate award. She and her moot court partner received the Best Brief award at the 2012 Manfred Lachs Space Law Competition and were Finalists in the 2013 Bryant-Moore Civil Rights Competition. During her third year of law school, Kendra was also a trademark law research assistant to Professor Jake Linford and a judicial intern in Justice Charles T. Canady’s chambers at the Florida Supreme Court.
Kendra worked as a summer law clerk in the firm’s Orlando office in 2012, and she joined the firm’s Tampa office following graduation in 2013. Her practice includes complex civil litigation, business litigation, and insurance fraud litigation. Kendra is also an active member of the Junior League of Tampa and enjoys participating and volunteering in community events both within and outside of the legal community.
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Tax Court
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- Young Lawyers Division
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- The Junior League of Tampa, Member
- Uncovering Insurance Fraud Through E-Discovery and Digital Evidence – Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee Annual Conference
- Daubert in Florida: A New Standard for Expert Witness Testimony
- Taking the Deposition of an Entity Representative or Custodian of Records and Seeking Electronically Stored Information
- Vincent Contestabile v. Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Inc., 22 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 1025a (Fla. 9th Cir. Ct. 2015)
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Ins. Co. v. First Choice Care Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, 22 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 1028a (Fla. 10th Cir. Ct. 2014).
Florida State University College of Law
Juris Doctor – 2013
University of Florida
Bachelor of Arts – 2010
Awards & Recognition
2016 Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite “Up & Comer”