Yvette was born and raised in Miami, Florida. She received her Bachelor in Business Administration from Florida International University, majoring in Marketing & Management. While attending F.I.U., she was the Community Service Committee Chairperson for the Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority and was the recipient of their Sister of the Year Award.
As a law student, she participated in an internship with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Tampa and with the Civil Poverty Clinic in Bradenton. She is a former Assistant State Attorney for Lee County, Florida where she prosecuted misdemeanor, traffic, and felony offenses. She served as a Mediator for the Orange County Bar Association’s Citizen Dispute Settlement Program and has also served as a Guardian Ad Litem, representing children who are the victims of abuse or neglect. She is the Special Magistrate for Orange County Code Enforcement, serving as the hearing officer during code enforcement hearings. She also served as the attorney for the code enforcement cases for the City of Clermont and the City of Maitland.
In 2003, Yvette was named Downtown Woman of the Year by the Women’s Executive Council. That same year, she received the Orange County Bar Association’s President’s Award, that organization’s highest recognition. She also speaks fluent Spanish.
Yvette is admitted to practice before all Florida state courts and before the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. Yvette’s practice areas in bankruptcy, civil litigation, probate/wills and local government law, her experience as a former Assistant State Attorney and as a civil litigator, and her fluency in Spanish make her uniquely qualified to assist clients in every aspect of her practice areas.
- All Florida State Courts
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Foundation, Member
- Legal Aid Society’s Board of Trustees, Former President (2005)
- Legal Aid Society’s Board of Trustees, Trustee (since 2000)
- Young Lawyers Section of the Orange County Bar Association, Former President (2001-2002)
- Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida, Member
- Judicial Relations Committee of the OCBA 2000-2001, Member
- Lawyer Referral Services Committee of the OCBA, Member
Stetson University College of Law
- Juris Doctorate – 1994
Florida International University
- Bachelor of Business Administration – 1991
Awards & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished Rating