Tom Neal is a native Floridian who was born and raised in Orlando. He graduated from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1982. As an undergraduate, he played football for the legendary Coach Bo Schembechler and participated in two Rose Bowls, the Gator Bowl, and the Blue Bonnet Bowl. Tom graduated from the University of Florida’s College of Law in 1985. He holds the highest ranking an individual attorney can receive (AV – Preeminent) as designated by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
He has litigated numerous matters including complex commercial and construction cases; eminent domain cases; insurance defense and personal injury claims; employment, civil rights and discrimination claims; real estate contracts; corporate disputes; and many other civil matters. He has tried jury and non-jury trials in state and federal court and has extensive discovery and pre-trial experience.
Tom is a member of the Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar and was named to Florida Trend’s Legal Elite for 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. He is currently on the Board of Directors of the Edgewater High School Foundation and is a past member of the Board of Directors of Lakeside Alternatives, Inc., and served as a member of the Government Relations Committee and the Personnel Committee for that organization. He is a past president of the Orlando Touchdown Club. Tom has lectured on various civil litigation matters during his professional career and also served as a mediator for the Orange County Bar Association’s Citizen’s Dispute Settlement Program.
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Supreme Court
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Edgewater High School Foundation, Board of Directors
- Lakeside Alternatives, Inc., Former Board of Director
- Orlando Touchdown Club, Former President